LinkedIn Ads, like other advertising platforms, have prerequisites that you need to meet before you can create and run ad campaigns. These prerequisites ensure that you have the necessary setup to effectively use LinkedIn’s advertising features. Here are the main prerequisites for running LinkedIn Ads:
- LinkedIn Account: You must have a personal LinkedIn account. You’ll use this account to log in to LinkedIn’s advertising platform.
- Company Page: You need to have a LinkedIn Company Page. This is where your ads will be associated, and it serves as your business’s presence on LinkedIn.
- Payment Method: You must have a valid and accepted payment method linked to your LinkedIn advertising account. Common payment methods include credit cards and PayPal.
- Supported Countries: Ensure that you are located in or targeting a country where LinkedIn Ads are available. LinkedIn Ads may not be available in all regions.
- Minimum Age Requirement: You must be at least 18 years old to use LinkedIn’s advertising platform.
- Compliance with LinkedIn’s Policies: Your ad content and campaign must comply with LinkedIn’s advertising policies. These policies cover various aspects such as ad content, targeting, and more.
- Ad Creative and Content: Prepare your ad creative, which includes images, headlines, ad copy, and a call to action. Ad creative should align with your campaign goals and target audience.
- Budget: Determine your ad campaign budget. LinkedIn Ads typically work on a bidding system, so you’ll need to set a daily or total budget for your campaigns.
- Campaign Goals: Define the objectives of your ad campaign. Common campaign goals include lead generation, website visits, video views, and more.
- Target Audience: Identify your target audience based on criteria like job titles, company size, industry, location, and more. LinkedIn offers robust targeting options to reach your ideal audience.
- Ad Format: Choose the ad format that best suits your campaign goals. LinkedIn offers various formats, including sponsored content, sponsored messaging, and display ads.
- Ad Scheduling: Determine when your ads will run and set a schedule that aligns with your audience’s online activity.
- Conversion Tracking: Implement LinkedIn’s conversion tracking to measure the effectiveness of your ad campaigns. This may involve placing LinkedIn Insight Tag on your website.
- Ad Testing: Plan to conduct A/B testing of your ad creatives, headlines, and targeting to optimize your campaign’s performance.
- Monitoring and Optimization: Be prepared to monitor your ad campaigns regularly and make adjustments to improve their performance over time.
Once you have met these prerequisites, you can start creating and running LinkedIn Ads by accessing the LinkedIn Campaign Manager, setting up your campaigns, defining your audience, and launching your ads. LinkedIn’s advertising platform provides tools and analytics to help you track the performance of your campaigns and make data-driven decisions to achieve your marketing objectives.